Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A SUPER Classroom Reveal!

#2getherwearebetter



Wow! I'm so excited to be joining in on the fun!!



I have to admit that I barely got these pictures in on time. I was working on my room all summer, and I took these photos literally 3 minutes before the bell rang on the first day!! So they're not the best quality at all, but I hope you get a good idea of how my classroom is. It's my second home, so it makes me happy!!

This is my view walking in to my room. You should see the scenery outside of the windows. Our school is nestled in the mountains, so looking north out those windows, it's all mountains and if you look out from the door, you see the valley. Our classrooms are exterior, so when you walk out the room, you walk right outside. I'm on the second floor. It's heavenly! The lines running across the lights are used to hang student work. It's usually quite full!


If you look straight in my room, this is what you see. Our small group table (lowered so that the kids sit on the floor while they work). That's Johnny Depp, the pteranodon that my class made a few years back. Every year, my class makes a large dinosaur during our Fossils and Dinosaurs unit.


Table signs -- thank you Schoolgirl Style for the superhero lanterns idea!


My Religion bulletin board -- I enlarged Melonheadz clip art to make Jesus and the bible.  My clip chart was hiding behind the Superhero cape. Didn't introduce the clip chart until day 2.

Birthday bulletin board -- will post their pictures underneath

Our prayer corner


Writing center with my newly recovered crate seats. That typewriter is an antique from the 1920s!


CAFE board for Daily 5... I'll hang our reading strategies as we learn them from the line using those little glitter clips (tee hee).


My trolls displayed in all their glory. My students are borderline creeped out by them, but mostly think they're hysterical (especially the naked ones)

This summer, I repainted these cubbies. They were a lovely shade of plywood, and a few years back I painted the outside black, but never got around to the inside. It took forever because the wood kept absorbing the paint, but I finally succeeded!  I'll use these to store our interactive reading, science, and math notebooks, plus storage for our desk caddies. The top bins are for classwork and homework.


This summer, I found those red caddies at the Dollar Tree and had to get them. Originally, I was going to put a set of books in the, but I think for this week (until I open my library), I will keep their coloring materials in them since we're doing a lot of artwork. Then those will go in their art boxes and books will go in the baskets.



Melonheadz Create a Teacher artwork to decorate my and my instructional aide's desks!

Reading bead bulletin board (sans necklaces) and schedule chart.


Meeting area and library


Our Author in the Spotlight...this month we're learning about Kevin Henkes!


Working table complete with some leftover supplies not yet labeled or put away.


My biggest bulletin board. Last year I used it for student work, but I was at a loss for what it's purpose could be with so many kids this year. I decided to hang my anchor charts here, at least until we get to our Flat Stanley/Geography unit, and then I'll put up the fabric map of the US that I have.

Well, that's it!! I did not get a chance to take a picture of my front bulletin board, but it came out really cute! Thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful!! Definitely a classroom I would love to learn in!
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom is beautiful and I'm so jealous of your troll collection! I bet the kids love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom is beautiful and I'm so jealous of your troll collection! I bet the kids love that!

    ReplyDelete